Beltz Pty Ltd is an Australian based company with strong connections inSub Saharan Africa
Countries we can open investment doors for you
- South Africa
- Congo DRC
Born and breed in Zambia, Southern Africa, Chikwanda holds a Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration from the University of Zambia and is currently pursuing an MBA at the same institute. An avid entrepreneur at heart, he started his first business of processing and marketing sausages (MONSON FOODS) while in high school.
He was vital in setting up Red Baobab Limited which is a private equity company with various portfolios in the agro-processing sector in Southern Africa.
Chikwanda can fluently read and write Russian and English.
Nkandu has worked across borders and understands business relations. With a background in Journalism and News Writing, she understands the importance of asking the right question.
Nkandu is an investor, entrepreneur and TV presenter.
Her focus is to help you get connected in the SADC markets and for you to understand the basics of working with people from different backgrounds.
Nkandu has lived in Zambia, Botswana, Netherlands and she is now based in Perth Australia and she canspeak five languages.
- Introduce you to the most profitable and risk averse mining, agriculture and agro-processing projects
- Create lucrative introductions between local authorities on the ground that will ensure a smooth business transition into Africa
- Facilitate and travel to Africa with you and introduce you to relevant people on the continent.
- Peace and a stable political system
- Positive and investor-friendly economic environment
- Guarantees and security to investors with legislated rights to full and market value compensation
- Abundant natural resources presenting excellent investment and trade opportunities
- Thriving private sector
- Attractive investment incentives
- Unlimited repatriation of profits
- Progressive banking, legal and insurance services of international standards and stock exchange market
- Duty-free access to regional, wider Africa, EU and USA markets
- Good place to work and live with sub-tropical climate, friendly people, mostly English speaking, open-air lifestyle with nature reserves, game parks, rivers, lakes and waterfalls
- Period of carry forward of mining losses has been extended from 5 to 10 years
- Withholding tax on interest, rent, consultancy, royalties and dividends is only 15 percent
- The restriction of offsetting losses against profits which is limited to 20 percent for mines with a common owner have been removed so that 100 percent of the losses can be offset
- Duty free importation of capital equipment and utility vehicles, capital allowance increased to 100 percent
- Input tax claim for five years on pre-production expenditure for exploration companies in the mining sector
- Zero rate on mining products for export
Please note that there is also a 30 percent corporate tax for mining.
Agriculture companies have the following specific incentives:
- Dividends payable to farmers are tax exempt for the first 5 years of operation
- Capital expenditure on farm improvements qualifies for an allowance of 20 percent per annum for each of the first five years
- Substantial rate of depreciation allowing farm machinery to be written off against tax
- Special development allowances for growing certain crops: tea, coffee, bananas, citrus, and other similar trees
- Input tax claim tax claim for three months prior to VAT registration for businesses that have already commenced trading
- Reduction of VAT rate for in tax free zones
- Selected agricultural equipment and accessories at“ zero rated for VAT: two wheel tractor and accessories; tractors up to 60 horse power; ploughs; harrows; disc harrows; planters; seeders; rippers; sub-soilers; cultivators; pump sets; treadle pumps; hip pumps; hand pumps; knap sack sprayers; and suction, delivery and lay flat hoses.
WHY INVEST IN ZIMBABWE
- Centrally and strategically located in the SADC region which provides a regional gateway (North-South Corridor) & access to major regional markets of SADC/ COMESA
- Strong human capital base – highest literacy rate in Africa of 90,7% (the African Economist, 2015)
- Use of multicurrency systems which eliminate exchange rate risk.
- Fully liberalised current account which facilitates ease of doing business.
- Dividends are freely remittable.
- Resource endowment with over 55 exploitable important minerals/materials resources
- Country’s strength in resource endowment, education &well-developed mining industry which made it to win bid to host the Pan African Minerals University of Science and Technology
- Pro-market policies that government is implementing such as Ease of Doing Business reform initiatives.
- Existence of Investment Promotion & Protection Agreements (Bilateral and Multilateral)
- Voted World Best Climate (tied with Malta) (International Living Magazine, 2011)
- Voted World Best Tourism Destination (European Council on Tourism and Trade, 2014)
|Total Area||3,90,757 square kilometers|
|Land||3,86,670 square kilometers|
|Water||4,087 square kilometers|
|Border Countries||Botswana (West), Mozambique (East), South Africa (South), Zambia (North)|
|Climate||Tropical low temperatures from April to July. It is warm to hot From August to October. The rainy season begins in November and ends in March.|
|Population||+/- 13 million (2012)|
|Annual Population Growth||1.1%|
|Major Economic Sectors||Agriculture, (18.5% of GDP – backbone of the country), Mining (4% of GDP, over 60 minerals, largely untapped), Manufacturing (15.5% of GDP, diverse), Tourism (6% of GDP) [2016 statistics]|
|Financial Sector||Well established and sophisticated|
|Infrastructure and Energy||Good road, rail and air transport network, modern communications systems, hydro & thermal power|
|Access to markets||Membership to SADC, COMESA, ACP, GSP, WTO|
|Gold||13 million tonnes|
|Platinum||2.8 billion tonnes|
|Chromite||930 million tonnes|
|Coal||26 billion tonnes|
|Nickel||4.5 million tonnes|
|Diamonds||16.5 million tonnes|
|Iron Ore||30 billion tonnes|
|Copper||5.2 million tonnes|
|Coal Bed Methane||Largest known reserves in Southern Africa, exploration work ongoing.|